At-Home Wax Kit
Quarantine can bring out the beast in us! Let us help you tame that with this do-it-yourself wax kit. With a microwave-safe jar of our custom Hard Wax, this kit will help you with those clean-ups you need to help keep you smoother longer.
100 g of The Hard Wax
20 large waxing sticks
20 medium waxing sticks
Full size Care Serum (a $24 value!)
- Remove cap and place jar of wax beads in the microwave
- Place jar on a microwave-safe plate and place in the center of the microwave
- Heat microwave for 30 seconds
- Push softly on the beads of wax, if it doesn’t start softening and melting the beads down, heat for an additional 30 seconds.
NOTE: Every microwave is different, so continue to reheat in 30 second increments until
you can stir the wax with a stick into a taffy-like consistency. DO NOT over heat the wax!
How do you know it’s too hot? If it is “runny” or falls off the stick like syrup. Wax should be thick like thick honey or taffy and stay on the stick and look like a “honeycomb spoon”
5. Once heated, test a small amount on the inside of your wrist
6. Apply to clean skin in the direction of the hair growth, using “painting strokes”
with medium pressure.
The wax should be as thick as icing on a cake. If it is too thin it will break!
7. Wait 15-20 seconds, touch the wax to makes sure it isn’t sticky anymore
8. Peel off in the opposite direction of your hair growth, staying parallel to your skin.
Do not pull “up” away from your skin, pull “back”
Apply Care Serum to waxed areas post-wax & every day after shower for bump-free skin
+ Our wax is gentle enough so you may wax over the same spot 2-3 times if your skin does not look bright red or stings when you touch it
+ Don’t wax your face if you use Retin-A, wrinkle or acne creams from your dermatologist. Most over-the-counter creams are fine, but just be aware that your skin might “lift” or cause a burn-like spot if you are using any products with AHA, Retin-A, Differin, or products in general that are used as anti-wrinkle, anti-acne, anti-aging.
+ Don’t ever wax anything ever if you are on Accutane!
+ For more tips, check out our Instagram @ocwaxing